Alright so~ I’m back now. I couldn’t really write over there. I woke up around ten every day and then we had breakfast and then we’d leave the house after a while. Then, we’d come home at night and soon it would be really late and I couldn’t write then.
So yes. I shall write through as my memory permits.
We traveled through mountains and valleys and plains and roads and it was raining so there was fog and it was all very scenic so I drew and it was 2D but it was a summary of the whole trip. {This is the part where I am supposed to self-promote my drawing profile, but I’m not going to do that because then I am going to be writing technical support articles for the next century on how to access it.}
Then, we got home to where we were staying and we chilled and then yeah I do not know what is my point here.
THE NEXT DAY: We traveled on subways and ferries to get to Manhattan since we were staying on Staten Island. The ferry took twenty-five minutes to get there. In that time, I took photos like a real annoying tourist. I blocked views for many people, I’m guessing. The buildings in the distance looked outstanding. (I’m trying for some unique adjectives here.) The Statue of Liberty looked really small. The water swishing from the ferry was cool to look at.
And then the ferry had docked and then everybody started fast-walking and it’s all very overwhelming. Even though you’ve passed the age of having to hold someone’s hand because you’re easy to lose, over here you must do this or you can choose having to look over your shoulder every five seconds. (Which was not an appealing idea to people who were supposed to be looking after me.) Literally, everyone seems as if they all have a time-bomb that will explode all the McDonald’s in the world if they don’t run fast. If you don’t keep up, you’re going to get trampled and no one is going to like you. There’s also lots of pushing and shoving and nudging (Yes, more or less, they all mean the same thing. It’s for emphasis.) going on everywhere. And no one really apologizes, because over there, that’s code for “Hey bro, I have a bus to catch, move over, will ya?” And then of course everyone understands and makes way and no one judges if there are a few running people because everyone has been in that situation and they know that panicking feel.
I was really taken aback by the amount of oxygen supply was given to you. You have to run for your own survival.
Then we exited the ferry place and we were on (Monroe?) Street and then we took a subway and I was so excited for this. It went really fast and a few times I stumbled over looking like an idiot tourist. (Embracing my identity.) It got really cramped at some points and I also had no idea of subway etiquette. I was trying to survive by holding on to a metal pole, except my arm was crossing in front of someone’s face, and my brother was whisper-yelling at me. (He was trying to inconspicuously get me to remove my hand away from the person’s face.) I then had to search for a new pole to emotionally (and physically) attach to. He also told me to offer my seat to someone else so then I got up but then someone else got up and there was a free seat so I sat back down again. Honestly, he makes me wonder if he has been riding subways in a previous life. How does he concentrate on manners when I’m trying to concentrate on survival? Props.
Anyways.
When we finally land somewhere, (By this point, I’m wasn’t even trying to stay up to where we were headed, I was just following behind pathetically.) (By pathetically, I mean constantly being threatened at to hurry up with it.) we were somewhere where there were lots of people and lots of traffic and it was very cold. Which means pretty much anywhere, with my description. I think it was somewhere near 42nd Street. (42nd Street signifies that it was Lincoln’s 42nd time collapsing while he was in New York.) (135th Street signifies the 135th time. On and on it goes. The poor man.) Anyways, as we exited the subway, there were lots of nice buildings.
I think I might just add pictures instead of writing pathetic adjectives like “nice.”
The word “nice” itself is very nice. though. It’s just not used very much in writing because it is an unwritten rule for it to be socially unacceptable. Instead, you have to pull up a thesaurus and find another word for “nice” which more or less means the same thing but makes you sound x635 as smarter.
Anyways.
I have realized that I have forgotten the order in which we journeyed, so I’m going to have to consult the order in which the pictures were taken. It’s been a long post as well. I shall continue the actual content of where we went in another post. Soon.
Disclaimer: I have zero idea on the subject relating to Lincoln and New York as a whole.
First off I would like to say if I ever go to New York I would not stay there for long because like you describe I cannot survive with all the pressure and stress going on. It not my type of my place to live in. Also, I literally laughed at the subway part because I know myself for sure I do not have any subway etiquette and I would literally do the same. I do admit your brother is a pro; I don't know how he survive with all the stress around. Anyway to sum it all up FUNNIEST post ever, I enjoy reading about your adventurous trip and have sympathy about your struggle. Keep up the work! :)
ReplyDeleteHahahahahahaha! I don't think many people could stay very long in the city! It's very busy and not for clumsy people :D Subways are for exquisite people who can keep themselves upright without stumbling over numerous times XD Thank you so much for the feedback! I appreciate it :)
ReplyDelete