Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Art Course 101

I've recently realized that of all the posts I have done so far, (Four posts, thank you, thank you.) none of them actually have a point? I've literally named one "Lesspoint?" As in pointless? 
I apologize to the nonexistent readers, but still. I still find this fun even though I've only told like one person the URL. I guess I'm trying out the freedom of posting whatever I want. Even though I would still post whatever I want with readers.
I'm also thinking this blog needs a new name. I'm not that obsessed with nutella, it's just my go-to name for everything. 
Blog name? Nutella. School username? NutellaLearner. Social-Security Number: #Nutella. Address: Nutella Rd. Phone: Nutella-Nutella-Nutella. Name: NutellaPresident.

The word "nutella" is looking very odd to me right now. 

Also, something going on in my life that no one needs to hear, our English semester project has been assigned. It is due January 22, 2015. Today is December 10, 2014. I have a year left. 

That was bad. 
In reality, I have 32 days to finish this project, subtracting today...that makes it 31. I'm actually planning on doing science next. Science is such a chill subject. Honestly I can sit there for two hours independently doing science. I mean, unless you're doing the type of science that involves math, this is such a breezy subject. 
I once tried doing the type of science that involves math, and I don't think my teacher was very enthusiastic to teach me that afterwards. 
I think that subjects should stick to their own matters. I have Art as a course as well, and what we basically do in the lessons is learn about Raphael and Michelangelo and Van Gogh. That's History.  Yes, art history, but it's supposed to stick in its own book. 
There are more things I frankly just have to skip over in the art lessons. Now, what's also in the lessons, let me tell you. 
Suppose they show you painting of say a window, and a cat staring out that window.
Precisely.
That is what you say, no?
You are le wrong.
See, in the eyes of an artistic person, it is not a cat looking out a window. It is swift-brushstrokes combined to create the mood of a glum, sadistic scene. The window is not a window. It is a glass reflecting on life. The light that comes through it are your opportunities. The light that stays in the shadows represents all the opportunities you missed out on while writing long blog-posts. The cat is not looking out the window. The cat is pondering the essence of life. It is definitely not thinking of food, like anyone looking out windows does, it is thinking of all the corruption in the world and how the road in front of him shows nothing of that. How what he sees shows no trace of any problematic societies. The cat symbolizes luxury because they don't know how it is. The shades on the window represent how much the media does not show us. The brown wall is a representation of the Emancipation Proclamation, which was issued two years before this painting was created. The ball of yarn on the ground does not symbolize, I repeat, does NOT symbolize something the cat might play with in its free time. Instead it symbolizes how we are all like that yarn, in our own little words, naive to issues circulating around us, tightly bound in our shells.A fresh-off-the-boat human could come and look down this street and think "What a wonderful world." What he doesn't know is that a cat watches him out of his light-not light- room, pondering when his owners are going to come back and help him escape this terrible nightmare of a painting how clueless the man is.

That is basically art summed up.



2 comments:

  1. Hi, Nutellapresident, I think this is my first time commenting on this blog and in my opinion I believe this is one of my favorites. I like the pointless and random topics in the beginning and how you managed to reach toward your point. The part where you say "each subject should stick to their matters" is very true. It remained me how I rethink life when I was seriously struggling in physics. I wonder if I every need those confusing formulas. Anyway, I wish I could see the art you describe because it sounds very intriguing and deep. You should do more post similar this. I hope you can get more readers, but it still great share to your thought. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! I'm glad you liked it! Your art is the one that's fantastic though, haha! ;)
    My first comment, yippee!!!

    ReplyDelete