Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New York~ Part 4

I have yet to finish the New York writing. I also realized that in my last entry I forgot that we also went to Times Square on that day. Times Square is like New York New York, and I forgot it.
Anyways, so what happened was that we were walking along this one street leading to Times Square, and the whole time our main subject of conversation was us gaping at how many people there actually were. Goodness, I've never seen that many people in my entire life.
When we arrived at the Times Square street (I should write with a map with all the names of the streets.) all these characters from cartoons were lined up and taking pictures with little kids.
(We later found out that it was not free.)
Some of the character's faces were not as accurate as they are actually depicted, and I am now mentally scarred of the image of a strange-looking Olaf.
There were huge screens everywhere. They were displaying all sorts of ads. I even saw one for Khan Academy. *Math army cheering right now.* This place was just $ signs everywhere. There was also an M&M world. We didn't go inside, but you could tell that it was not a free humongous M&M dispenser. (The word "free" is relatively the same as Greek over there.) (It's not understood.) instead, it was a huge gift shop.
In the middle of Times Square is this huge platform of stairs that you can brave to get a good central picture. (Stairs are scary when you're supposed to keep on moving while also maneuvering around many other tourists while also concentrating on keeping your feet on land all the while you're trying to get a decent picture.) Did I go on it? Yes, I did. It was risky business. Oh well. I got a good picture, didn't I? (This was not my approach. My approach was more like, "I like nice pictures but my life comes first.") Needless to say, I traveled those scary steps to get that picture. Then we went back down.
Similarly, there was also a big candy building made to look like a factory. It was nice. ("Nice.") (No comment.) Inside, stood enormous bottles of Hershey Syrup. (The fast and cheap and easy way to make chocolate milk or hot chocolate, for anyone wondering.) There was tons of candy, but in my (humble) opinion, with the fourteen dollar toll to enter (and exit) Staten Island, they should be giving out free candy. Anyways, there was also this machine that combined three different candies to produce a new candy. I'm not sure if it was a piece of decoration or an actual contraption. (I did not test it.) There was also a spiral spiraling from the ceiling that was a symbol for Hershey's as well. It was very (nice.)
After this, we planned on heading back. We passed through Grand Central Terminal. This place marked the 765th (rounding up) time we remarked that there were a lot of people.
(There were a lot of people, just saying.)
Grand Central is like the airport for all subways. There was a mini-show going on inside. Someone was playing something. People were videotaping. (I just feel the need to write that sentence.)
Then, after that we headed home. We took more pictures on the ferry back. Except the pictures weren't really legible since there was a ton of lighting in the ferry and the window glass was reflecting all the people sitting there.

(Somewhere in the world, spies use this technique to inconspicuously take pictures of suspects.) (Probably.)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, the place you went sound awesome. When you talk about the places at time square, it remained me of Disneyland where they charge you for everything. Have you been to coca cola factory? ( I obviously haven't been to neither of the place I said; I should go out more lol) Well a person I know said you get to try every soft drink from all different continent and she said America coca cola product taste the best. I went to another continent before and it funny how tasted completely different even though it the same product. Anyway, I enjoy your posts as always especially the part about the characters costume, it brought me some scary memories. I always get suspicious of people in costume; they just creep me out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yes! Very pricey place. I haven't been to Coca Cola Factory, in fact I only drink Pepsi :D Also, yes I agree! I went overseas and the Pepsi there was more fizzy and strong!
    Haha yes, lots of people don't like clowns, either. I guess that's sorta similar. Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete